Friday, August 6, 2010

Travel Log = Wisconsin/Chicago

Okay, so this really is a travel log of a blog... say that 5 times fast. I have to blog about it so when I go to do a scrapbook I have some memories written down and I'm not relying on my brain to keep these things for months until I get around to scrapbooking.

Off to Wisconsin we go...

Jay had a work function in East Wisconsin at Lake Genova. It's about 6 hours from our house, so we decided that we would all pile in the car and make a mini vacation out of it. Jay went to the conferences while the kids and I hung out at the pool, went to the indoor waterpark, I mean what's wrong with that?? : ) That's a vacation for me! Plus Jay was very generous and gave me his $100 hotel credit he got for attending the conference so I could use it at the spa, yippie!!!

The kids and I relaxing in the hammock.


Janie going down the slide and remembering to pose for a picture!


I was proud of Janie for doing this, I thought for sure she would think it was too hard! Go Girl!

After 3 days in Wisconsin we figured we should go to Chicago since we were only an hour and a half away. Chicago has a lot to do, but EVERYTHING cost money, especially parking, parking parking!! It was nice though, because our museum membership here has reciprocal memberships to most of the museums in Chicago so we didn't have to pay for any of those. One of the best museums I have ever been to for kids, is the Children's Museum on Navy Pier in Chicago. We didn't get there until late afternoon and boy do we regret that. We only went to three exhibits in 2 hours and both the kids and us adults were thoroughly entertained. I know it may say something about Jay and I's simple minds, but seriously it was really cool!

Great trip again we hope Jay does well, so next year we can all go again!!


Jay, Janie, Aaron and Sue (the T-Rex!)


Janie and Aaron with their "jet packs" on.


Firefighter Aaron and his dog, daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment