Sunday, March 14, 2010

Here we go!


This is my first blog, very exciting....well not really but here I go!

Is it a sign of being completely boring if the first thing I write about is the weather here? I am just so excited about it I can't help it! All week we literally haven't seen the sun. We've had fog, some days ALL day long. Today after a morning fog the sun came out and it got up to 60 degrees! I love it. We never see people walking around on the streets in the winter for obvious reasons so it's fun to see everyone out and about! I definitely feel like I appreciate the sun more when I don't get to feel it that often!

Now, onto more exciting things!! Janie lost one of her top front teeth last night in her sleep! I don't know how she didn't swallow it but she said she woke up in the middle of the night and it was on her tongue. She quickly put it under her pillow and didn't understand why the tooth fairy didn't come? hummmm... the tooth fairy needs to go get some cash so she comes tonight! For some reason her tooth falling out made me super sad. I feel like she is just growing up so fast and her teeth falling out are physical evidence that she truly is! How do I stop that? Any suggestions? : )

Speaking of getting older Aaron turned 5 last week! We did a dinosaur birthday party. The kids had a lot of fun. We did dinosaur bingo, not such a great idea, it just didn't work the way I had it planned in my head. Then we went on a dinosaur egg hunt. Mrs. Troodon called me and said I needed to help her find the eggs. The kids LOVED that. They were so excited about me talking on the phone with the dinosaur! I must say though it went by super slow. I was ready for cake and presents after an hour. Thank goodness he is at an age where the kids could just play and have fun, because that's what they had to do after cake for 45 minutes!!


About the cake. I did a volcano cake, mostly for looks, and cupcakes for the kids with toy dinosaurs on them. It was super cool because we put the candles on the top and when he blew them out it looked like a smoking volcano. It was even more cool when I realized I had bought trick candles and they sparked up again. Special effects at our parties!!

Kids are getting older and a 4 year old at church today said I looked like I was getting older too. I guess that's a part of life that I need to come to terms with at some point!


2 comments:

Lana said...

Love your blog! Glad you have one now! Looking forward to future posts! The losing of the front teeth is a big face changer. They look cute with no front teeth, and then the big dogs come in and they really start getting different looking! Knowing Janie, she will still be as cute as anything!

Walburger Family said...

LOVE IT! And I love the title- so true! Made me laugh- so will you post a close up of your cake?!? SO CUTE!!

Post a Comment