Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Vacations all I ever wanted!!

I am a little late in finally writing this but life has been a little crazy ("as if" isn't a joke, but I am determined to do this!

So we went to Palm Springs a couple weeks ago. We were told by locals here in Minnesota that we needed to plan a trip to some place sunny in Feb/March. That's when winter starts feeling really long. We listened and picked Palm Springs. It's southern CA with a lot to do and it helps that Jay's aunt and uncle live there and are great hosts!

We had a fabulous time! We went to a miniature golf place that had, of course mini putt putt, go Karts, boats and an arcade. We did it all and had a blast, I just wished someone could have beat Jay at air hockey!

John, Tom and Jay playing mini golf!
Lonni and Janie on Go Karts!

John and Aaron speeding around the track!

We also had plenty of time to relax, lay out and read. The kids were so good and so self entertained while we were there! It was great and gave Jay and I some much needed down time!



While in So. CA we also went to Joshua Tree. All I knew about Joshua Tree was that U2 has an album named after it, arguably one of the best albums ever! Joshua Tree like the album was incredible. It is actually a huge desert, well two deserts the Colorado desert and the Mojave desert with of course a ton of Joshua trees all over. It was so beautiful and really an amazing place. We hiked around with the kids while they did things to earn their Junior Ranger badges. They had to identify plants, draw pictures of them, identify reptiles and animals, thankfully the only of those that we saw were lizards. I didn't want to see any snakes and certainly not any tarantulas. Seeing a roadrunner would have been cool (beep beep)! Although where there is a roadrunner isn't their a wily coyote near by setting up an ACME bomb of some sort??? It was great climbing the rock formations and exploring with the kids. In the end they did earn their badges and I think had a great time doing it! I would highly recommend visiting Joshua Tree, you can even camp there! What a sight it would be at night with all the starts!

All around it was a GREAT vaca! Fun times with family, relaxation, great food (Donna Chicago dogs are the best!) and nice warm weather!!
It was the getting home to reality part that was hardest!!

Here are some random pictures for the vacation!

Janie painting Donna's nails.


White man can jump!? ; )

Muscle man Aaron!

Janie went in the water even though it was 70 degrees! burrr

1 comment:

Ashlie Elmer said...

i'm so jealous i wish we could get away. i can't believe how big your kids are getting. looks like you had a bunch of fun!

Post a Comment