Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day/ Birthday

I had a nice weekend with both my birthday and Mother's Day (although the hot dog dinner on Mother's Day wasn't the most impressive thing, especially since we didn't have buns AND we had company!) I call it the white trash Mother's Day dinner! :) Maybe I should of taken over, especially since the company said, "wow I haven't had hot dogs in 30 years!" (haha) but it was Mother's Day and dang it I wanted a true day off. Looking back I think I should have postponed Mother's Day for a week! Oh well, I didn't have to cook dinner! I feel like I can't complain really because I have felt really blessed to have Jay. Not to get sappy here, BUT we had company on Sunday and they are staying all week. Talking with them has made me appreciate Jay and ALL that he does for our family, even the bunless hot dogs on Mother's Day!
I don't love my birthday or Mother's Day anymore, I feel a lot of loss on those days and I can't explain why. I know Sarah wants me to be happy, but for some reason I really struggle with being happy on those days. I was just talking to Jay the morning of my birthday and saying that I can't believe it's been so long since I've cried....well the facets were turned on all day! In a way I feel sorry for myself, I haven't worked it all out in my head on why (well besides the obvious), but why I pick my special days to feel that way. Maybe because it is more focused on me and that's were my mind goes??? I must say though there is nothing like a good cry! It actually made me feel better getting it all out!
Here are just cute pictures of the kids! Aren't they sweet!!


Cuddly Sarah! I miss you baby doll!!

Aaron taking PB Bear out to ice-cream. PB Bear is the preschool class bear that got to come home with Aaron for a couple of days.

Sweet Janie! This is actually a couple months old, Janie now doesn't have any front teeth!

2 comments:

Ashlie Elmer said...

oh man, i am so sorry you have been feeling that way. i know in the past it was so hard for you, but you really need to enjoy your days! Sarah was such a sweet little girl she would want you to be happy and living your life with as much joy as possible as she did.
wish i could have celebrated with you....miss you!

Lana said...

Lonni...I can't believe how big your kids are! I love your honesty. I am all about keeping blogs as honest as possible. I had an emotional Mother's Day also..I was like, "why am I tripping on my special day?" I still have no idea except that I think that Mother's Day and birthdays are days where we allow ourselves to re-evaluate ourselves...and it can lead to feelings of disappointment if things are not what you thought they would be at this stage...also I always tend to reflect on where I was last year and when not much is different is can be a bummer. I am with you on the tears! At least Mother's Day was good for that! Love you!
Lana

Post a Comment