So I have been really feeling the need to have one on one quality time with Janie. For her birthday she got a cute cupcake making kit and I thought this would be perfect to do together, just the girls. We had a fabulous time, bonding, laughing, talking giggling the whole time. She couldn't get enough and it just confirmed to me that I am the best mom ever!
Okay.... so for the real story. We got everything out, I put a movie on for Aaron, so Janie and I wouldn't be bothered by him. The whole time all she wanted to do was watch the movie. I was mostly irritated because she wasn't paying any attention and I basically did everything myself. I am trying, do a I get points for that???
I will keep trying. I think there are times in our lives that we are prompted to do things for a reason. I don't know the reason but I really feel like she needs this bonding with me. It could be because I am realizing that I have a lot of memories from being 7 and I've been hearing/ reading a lot about the role mothers play in their child's life. Duh Right?! I know that but for some reason I am feeling like I need to do more and most importantly be more present for my sweet little children!
Something I am going to do to have some fun with the kids is, I am going to start a Journal Jar with the kids. I have a bunch of questions and I am going to buy a nice notebook. Each week for family night I am going to pull a question from the jar and we can talk to the kids about it and record their answers. Not only will it be cool to have in the future but I think it will be a really fun activity for us all! Hopefully it will run more smoothly then our cupcake bonding! : ) Despite our cupcake "bonding"I was able to get Janie to take her eyes off the TV for a few cute pictures! These pictures aren't worth a thousand words, especially since they really aren't accurate for what was really happening!
1 comment:
This was great- made me laugh because of course!Then when you dont have time to bake they want you too....
Post a Comment